View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Jblackie47803

New guy from Indiana

Hi, I'm 31 year old John Black from Terre Haute. I've been watching this site for a while even have a few posts. Decided I better introduce myself. I have a serious addiction to internal combustion. Here's a few pics of some of my stuff

This is my '84 S-10 with a vortec headed 355/TH350 and 3.42 rearend. It has run 8.9's in the 1/8th. I painted it last summer if you're wondering where the two-tone went.

I picked this Blazer up for $500 bucks with a blown head gasket. It only has 63,000 miles and looks and smells like new inside and out. It sat in the guy's garage for 6 years before he finally decided he wasn't going to fix it.

It's an '85 and had 5 v-belts running accessories instead of a serpentine! I spent $300 in parts and machine work to fix the head gaskets. It took me a lot of time though. There was about 6 miles of vacuum hose for all the emission junk on the Varijet 2 bbl carb.

This next ride is not pertinent to this site but pretty cool anyway.

This is my '65 Rambler Classic wagon I bought when I was thirteen with my corn detassling money. A simple tranny extraction turned into a full tilt restoration. Landed in an April '09 Hot Rod magazines article about people who still had their first cars

Not my last car but the only other ride that would matter here and the reason I joined this site is my '67 C-10. A friend of my father gave it to me when I was 14. It needed all new brakes and he wanted it out of his yard. It was my main car in highschool, didn't drive the Rambler much. It is a 283/3 spd manual.

It's pretty rough. Already started the body work and lowering it. Got Jeep TJ springs for rear and going to use 2 inch blocks as well. Going to cut front coils and see if it gets me where I need to be. May wind up getting drop spindles. Anyway, thanks for looking at my junk pile. I have a few bikes and a little metro besides these and my wife drives a van. All of them licensed and insured except for the c-10 so far. My agent loves me.

Last edited by Jblackie47803; 07-15-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Jblackie47803 is offline   Reply With Quote