View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #105
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Quote:
Are all of the places that you are calling local? I was quoted $1K for a 5.3 with trans and accessories from the guys that I deal with here in the DFW area, but that would not include shipping. If your deal doesn't work out, let me know.
Talk to me Goose.....

None of them are local. All the local yards I've talked to in Colorado are on crack. $1200 and up for JUST an engine with intake, no accessories, harness, ECM... nothing!

If your guy can get a decent mileage (75,000-80,000 or less) 5.3 with trans and accessories, I'll pay shipping no problem! My only basic requirement is that it be a drive by wire throttle body, and come with the pedal and throttle control module and wiring from the same vehicle the engine was pulled from.

Quote:
You have to keep progress going, because you are doing exactly what I wanted to do.
I plan on documenting this as if I were doing a FAQ on it.... mainly because that's what I want to do. I haven't really seen a very detailed how-to on this swap, so I'm going to try to do this like I did my "How to shorten a LWB frame" FAQ with a lot of detail, pictures, and part numbers.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 07-22-2009 at 09:28 AM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote