View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #284
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Bob,
Awesome thread! I will be watching this close! I am planning on doing this swap on my son's 69 one of these days in the near future. So I will be taking notes. We are in the middle of a TBI transition on his 86. We still have a long way to go.

You will love the 5.3 I have had a couple of them and loved them. I pull my boat with my truck about 60% of the time I drive it. So, I opted for the Vortec Max 6.0 on my 07 model. The 5.3 engines have better bottom end power in my opinion. My 6.0 seems like you have to the rpms up to get the "max" power out of it. When it hits the powerband it will hit the rev limiter in no time flat. I love the 6.0 for power...but I average around 14-15 mpg.

You are using a stand alone harness? I may have missed this part, why do you have to send off your pcm? Can this harness be tied into your truck?
or the 69?
Also, if you don't mind, how much was the engine and tranny with all those accesseries? I just quoted a drive by wire out of an 08 locally with 8 miles on it. They wanted like $3800!

Keep up the good work!!!

Last edited by mcbassin; 08-11-2009 at 11:33 PM.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote