View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #11
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 5.7 TBI in an 86????? Anyone done this swap??

Small progress. I pulled all the rest of the wiring from inside the donor, pulled the fuel tank and all the lines. Hopefully, I can use some of these parts. The car is pretty much ready for the scrap yard. We'll probably wait until the engine is running before hauling it off. Just in case we need parts off it.
Then started trying to seperate the harness and figure out the wiring. I'm totally lost on how this should be done. I noticed most of the TBI upgrades are guys just adding the system and not starting with a complete motor and tranny that was running. Maybe, I'm just lazy or crazy but I thinking I'm going to just stick it into the truck and make the connections in the truck.

I got the bulkhead connector off and tried to get the gooey glue off (messy). I hoping to leave the engine harness pretty much the way it is and intergrate the necessary truck connections like the temp, oil press, starter and anything else it takes. The truck harness is covered in oil. I guess the PO had a massive leak and it covered every wire in there. Photos:

mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote