View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
rhodog77

Re: '50 5 window.....s10 swap

1950 GMC,

yes they are the redesigned mounts from Jeff. He has been a ton of help. The cab should sit about 4.5 inches of the frame in the back and about 4 .25 inches in the front. Not Sure what the plans are for the tranny hump. I will fab that up once I mount the cab. I will be putting in a whole new floor so not a huge deal to fab over the hump. As for the bushings, the spacers are stock s10. I just cleaned them up and picked up some new hardware at home depot. The bushings themselves are from jegs.

well worth the money if you ask me. Some of my bushings were in decent shape but I went ahead and got a whole set. It comes with radiator bushings as well. There are 2 sizes of bushings in the jegs kit. One size for the radiator and the front mounts and one size for the rear mounts. I am not using the ones for the rear. I think they will tilt the cab to far forward. I will be only using the front cab set and the radiator set. Makes it easier too. All 4bushings/spacers sets are the same size.

The stock s10 top spacer fit perfect into the cab mounting channel. It should be a pretty easy mounting process. Buy a "GOOD" hole saw (2 inch 1/8 size) to cut thru the top of the mounting plate.

1970 P10 Stepvan

Last edited by rhodog77; 03-15-2010 at 07:47 PM.
rhodog77 is offline   Reply With Quote