View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
sixfour4x4

Re: tuned port swappin!

it's at the powder coating shop now. i'm going with a sem-gloss black wrinkle on the plenum and manifold. the runners will be chevy orange after much debating whether or not to do all black. should have it back next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
If you don't already have a harness, the only additional things you will need to convert to speed density are the ECM and a MAP sensor. The intake you have will work just fine. Looks like an 85-88 system with the cold start injector. You can just leave that in place without the wiring to it with no ill affects. As far as the engine, I don't think I would worry about the 327 so much, as the long runners on the TPI are better suited for torque, and run out of air above 4500 RPM or so anyhow. I think they are about the coolest looking induction system, though.
the reason i was looking at a 327 is to take advantage of the low end capabilities of the TPI system, because a 327 runs out of breath above 5000 anyhow. i want to avoid using ported aftermarket runners/intake because i like the look of the stock runners a lot more than either the accell or the edelbrock. , and afterall the whole reasoning behind the TPI over any other EFI, is purely for looks...
'71 wagoneer that gets less mpg than the gto
sixfour4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote