View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #29
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: I finally got my 2wd

After tearing a biceps tendon in July, I was very limited in what I could do. All my projects were put on hold. Well, now I can do a little more every day and it's healing up, so I started getting back to work.

This weekend I was able to remove the front and rear suspension from the longbed truck frame I had and get it onto the blazer frame. I still need to bolt up the front end, ran out of time today. It went pretty well with the help of a tractor bucket lifting the frames.

Since this is really a project for later, my goals are just to get the chassis together enough to be a roller (almost there), set the body on the frame (temporarily), see if the one top I have will clean up enough to set on the tub, then cover it up and let it sit until my C-10 is painted and back on the road (hopefully next summer).

I would still like to do the engine swap on the junkyard jimmy and fix the brakes, but don't know if I'll get the time. Since the injury put a crimp on all the honey-do projects also, the wife is making those my priority. Unfortunately, the summers get short up north here.

Wish me luck.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote