View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #77
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Hm...that hip break does look good with the fast back roof line and no pillar. I'm just not sure how it's look with the higher roof and pillar of the 2-door post, ya know?

And that picture of Farmall red doesn't do it justivce in my opinion,m then again I'm bias. Haha. The color is still up in the air, I may switch to something totally off the wal before all is said and done, like a yellow or a green. I have a hard time making up my mind...

And yes, I use eye and lung protection when blasting. I've experienced too many instances where I've breathed in nasty schtuff, and felt the effects afterwards. So, from now on, I've always used eye ear and lung protection when needed.

In this case, I just wanted to see if it'd knock some surface rust and flakey rust off the sheetmetal, so I blocked everythign off, put on my goggles and respirator, and gave it a shot. However, the tip is worn on the blaster, and the set screw to replace it is stripped out. So...needless to say, not much of a cleaning blast on it. I just ended up making a mess, and decided that sandblasting wasn't really needed at this point in time, since I had to do some major rust repairs anyway. :p

As for POR 15, I just remember alot of people using it, and liking it. I'll try anything to cover up welds and kill rust, etc, in an effort to prolong the life of this little bitty.

Well, time to finish my coffee and head 'er on out...

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote