View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #29
Arad68
Trucks N Tranzams

Re: Finally got some work done on my 95 Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvschevytrucks View Post
I cant believe it......after all this work, I found out what was wrong with the engine that was in this blazer. I didnt have to do all this work

it turned out to be a two dollar plug.

Attachment 494226

Attachment 494227

I pulled a couple of plugs when I was checking as to why it was ticking, they were good, and the two I left were almost impossible to get to and the plugs were new so I moved on. BIG MISTAKE I couldnt find the problem so, I figured it was the bottom end of the engine I had the one that came with this Blazer so out it came. which is kind of cool as now I have one i can get rid of, and maybe buy the 87 Silverado I just found
I think this happens to all of us. I tore down the 455 in my Trans Am for this same exact problem, only to discover, after I had pulled the head, that the number 8 spark plug was fouled, causing a really nasty miss. It drove me nuts. I thought it was a bent or burned valve.
If you have ever worked on a 2nd gen F-body (Camaro or Firebird), you know that number eight is near impossible to get out and even harder to get back in.
Hang in there with your Blazer, It really is a great truck. My S-10 really steps up. Gas mileage is great.

'68 Chevy LB 383 TH400/GV/373 posi
'56 Chevy 4WD SWB
'64 Chevy short stepside
'79 Trans Am 455/TH2004R/12blt/4whldisc
95 Kia (Wifes car)
2002 S-10 extended cab pickup
"God punishes small sins immediately"

Last edited by Arad68; 09-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Arad68 is offline   Reply With Quote