Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #1189
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Thanks Guys for all the kind words of encouragement and support, but after this project if you don't hear from me, I'll be in Therapy, and/or abusing prescription drugs

I just don't get it, 2 days of measuring and checking, talking to Kurt on the phone, and I'm still no closer to finding the answer...

When I tighten down on the rachet TIGHT, it comes pretty close to what I want, but the whole door sits a heavy 1/4" to high. I'm at the limit on my hinges, no more adjustment. I even cranked the crap outta body mounts to no avail

Three choices on where the problem lies
1) PO mounted the w/s rake wrong
2) I screwed up and mounted the floors to high up...don't forget I had no rocker boxes, torsion boxes, or body mount box. All given up to the rust! So I'm leaning towards the answer being in 1 and 2
3) Repro door is wrong...I have nothing to gauge it against, since I threw out my old doors. I don't think the problem lies here, since the drivers door is so perfect
4) Hinges could be bent, but I did replace them with new used ones

I hope I can entertain you a little longer, and PLEASE if you have any ideas or thoughts, as always post them up. None will be discounted, and all will be investigated

PS...don't put PBR into your visors to free them up alittle, the chemical will eat the styrofoam and cardboard,thus rendering the whole visor useless
Forgive my welds, nothing has been ground down yet

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 09-13-2009 at 09:32 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote