View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Got my daughter the car for $700 and she paid for it herself and so far she loves it.

Back to the Jimmy. I learned last night that the front parking signal lights are the ground source for the side marker lights. So I mounted those up, put in new bulbs and tried it out and shazam! they work! Whens the last time you heard someone use Shazam! in a sentence? And yes, it must have an exclamation point after it in all cases.

The only important driving light that is not working is the left rear blinker/brake light. That circuit is dead for the moment. I'll pull the bulb and do a voltage test to see if it's the bulb or bulb holder this weekend, and if not, just start tracing it up the line 'til I find the problem.

I need to get the dash and dome lights working too, but that's not really important yet. I did get a new junction block mounted to the fender by the battery too. Before there was just a nut and bolt holding the wires together with black tape wrapped around it. I have to re-tape some harness, but overall, it's coming along swimmingly. Swimmingly, there's another good old word. I'm a freakin' thesaurus tonight.

Once the lights are all working, I'm going to finish putting in the headers and exhaust. Well, the headers for sure, the exhaust I'm hoping will bolt up ok, but I won't know til I try it. The only other priority with the engine/tranny after that is getting the correct tranny (thinkin' with your) dipstick (Jimmy) and the kickdown cable in and adjusted. I think those two items can wait 'til after the brakes are working though. I'm not even sure where to start on those.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote