View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
dznucks

Re: 67-72 Air ride suspension shock part numbers/FAQ suggestion

Quote:
I prefer the "have a plan" approach, but if you're not trying to do the work in one sitting, your suggestion is probably fine.

everyones suspension is alittle different. whether its the c-notch, the panhard bar, bag type, trailing arms, shock mounts etc.

yes, you can "have a plan" and follow exactly what someone else has done and use all the same components and get the same results. or if you know that the mod's your going to install are going to give you a certain stroke, you can "have a plan" and get the shocks you need. The "have a plan" method you suggest will cause alot of, not so experienced people, to think they have the right shocks only to realize that they miss read a spreadsheet.

I read your spreadsheet, nice compilation of everything available on Monroes website. i was asking these same questions awhile back and realized that your spreadsheet was useless until i knew the specs on my suspension.

In the real world, most of us dont know exactly what our compressed and extended shock lengths will be until you install the bags, dump them and fill them. you can look at a spreadsheet, no matter how well it was created, all day and still not know exactly what you need until you physically measure your situation. sorting through and excel spreadsheet is not something everyone can do and some dont have excel to view it, yes there is a free download for excel....but really. people want answers and advice, not confussion.

you are bantering everyone for asking the same question, by whinning about some spreadsheet and how no one used the search feature. thats not advise. think of the image you are creating for your brand "XXL" by posting these lame responses. People are using the search feature and their questions are not being answered by the info available there. does that not tell you that there is soemthing amiss with the info you feel like you provided.

My "plan" for bagging my daily driver, over the two day weekend, was to get my compressed and extended lengths and take that info to NAPA and get the shocks i need. i did just that. notchs, bags, crossmember, and shocks...took less than two days.
dznucks is offline   Reply With Quote