View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: 67-72 Air ride suspension shock part numbers/FAQ suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznucks View Post
yes, you can "have a plan" and follow exactly what someone else has done and use all the same components and get the same results.
Having a plan and copying someone else's design are 2 different things. There's nothing particularly wrong with either. "Stick building," on the other hand means you often end up with something less/different than you expected/wanted, and it often cost you more time and effort, and you've got a box of spare parts.

Quote:
In the real world, most of us dont know exactly what our compressed and extended shock lengths will be until you install the bags, dump them and fill them...
Planning could help here.

Quote:
people want answers and advice, not confussion.
All too often, people want answers without giving anything in return. This is a discussion board, not a "come get your answers here" board. Give and take. But that's not the posts I complain about. It's the ones where (often on post count #1) the poster wants someone to do something for them as some sort of entitlement just for being a member of the board.

Quote:
...think of the image you are creating for your brand "XXL" by posting these lame responses.
Some find my posts less lame than others. Since you're interested in seeing me post more advice... there is a feature in your UserCP called "Edit Irgnore List" that allows you to block all posts by a user. Just enter "XXL" (without the quotes) and press OK. You may enjoy the fewer "lame" posts by adding me to your list. I know I will after I add dznucks to mine. Bye bye.

XXL is offline   Reply With Quote