Thread: Security
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #25
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: Security

yes the wire is hot since it goes directly to the battery...if you have a battery by pass switched relay you could add it after the cut off that wold kill all the under hood power.....

still take one leg of a set of jumpers place a long screwdriver on one end then clamp the other to the pos of the battery a short jumper to the coil you can figure out the rest..zoom zoom...

I got to thinking about all these ideas and I think if you took a short piece of chain rapped it around your colunm shifter the locked it to the wheel that would do it

I'm not sure there is anyway to make it fool proof like has been said a few times already all you can do is deter them so they go to the next vech....all that being said I'm not sure how popular our trucks would be to would be thiefs...unlike a honda or other car or trucks trying to sell it or parts is kinda a PIA for them the quick high dollar stuff is far more rewarding with less risk old chevy truck parts as much as we domand them won't sell to the local body shop, ebay or craigslist...since I don't live close to Mexico I would guess my junk wouldn't end up there no matter how well it would fit in....
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote