View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #63
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 5.7 TBI in an 86????? Anyone done this swap??

Made pretty good progress today. Got the new fuel pump installed and that engine will start up on it's own everytime now. seems to actually run pretty good. Had a minor power steering return line leak. Still need to get all the wires routed where they will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfmaster View Post
Photo 26

CCP - got keep that - it does not affect performance and allows gas fumes accumulating in gas tanks to be burned in TB.

Photo 28

Driver side AIR injection pipe - disconnect at exhaust manifold and plug.

Photo 25

AIR diverter valve (ECM controlled) and AIR injection check valve (passenger side). Both can be removed (plug vacuum line & leave harness connector unplugged) , but keep them just in case if future compliance may be required. Same goes for the AIR pump, but this may require re-doing serpentine belt system.

//RF
Thanks RF,
I already made some plugs for the exhaust manifolds. The CCP your talking about has about 4 or 5 lines coming out of it? I'm not sure where all of them go on the throttle body. Also, do you know if there is a drop in pulley to replace that air pump? Another problem I am having, I can't make the SES light work....I pulled a small lamp assy. from the donor car to use until I find a suitable replacement. I have tried hooking it up to the ecm and ground. I have yet to make it light up. I thought it would come on when you turn the key to the on position? Thanks again,

Mike
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote