View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #82
scoyote

Seat Height?

I put some newer seats (2000 with built in shoulder harness) in my 1972 Blazer and then seem high to me but maybe the dash is lower....it's hard to tell.

When I get in my 2004 DuraMax with the same seats I'm pretty much looking at the same point in my windshield but for some reason it seems higher in the Blazer.

Would someone have time to measure from the floor pan (bottom of the seat bracket) to the top of the seat? Not the top of the back of the seat, but the top of the front of the seat.

I want to see exactly how much higher my butt is off the floor pan with those seats so I can get a true comparison.

I've been reading a lot since I put those seats in and it seems the most popular setup is a mid 90's bucket seat setup.....so I wonder how high those are off the floor pan?

I have more progress finally....we got the dual battery box installed, the dual electric fans installed, instrument cluster installed and working, TBI and ECM updated with a custom tune on it.

Basically it's running and drivable now...and almost time for the interior.

I'll get some pics and a report up tomorrow.

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote