View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpeanut View Post
Is the difference the diameter of the center hole? I had problems putting 6-lug '71 up wheels (from a four wheel drive) on a '69 (two wheel drive) because the center hole was slightly too small.
I think it's more than that. Not sure dimension wise, but the older style is smooth on the outside and newer is finned. Same up to 74. After that they are bigger and wider.

I've been searching high and low for the replacement drums. I thought I had a line on used ones, but both fell through. So I started looking at all of the available manufacturers, collecting part numbers, comparing prices, etc. For anyone interested, here are the part#s that fit a 71-73 K-5 or K10 truck.
Raybestos 2067 or 2067R
AC Delco 18B471
Bendix 140255
Napa equivalent of the bendix one is # UP 6401200
Wagner BD60292
Qualis 8821 This one supplies a few of the parts stores under store brand names and are usually listed as the same part #.

I found a pair at autopartsnerd.com for about $78 shipped to my door. Used ones were going to cost about $20 each. I also picked up new cylinders, shoes, a booster check valve and hardware at napa for about $65 for a total brake parts outlay of $143. So the total spent is now at $836.

If it ever quits raining out I'll be able to work on it. It has been about 50F or colder and raining for about a week now. Ick.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote