View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
71blksuper4x4
SWB 4x4 Collector

Re: Wood in a 72 Cheyenne Super

Chris, usually if a truck had parchment interior and didn't have a tilt steering column, (the dash pad, carpet, and steering column) would be Sandalwood (a light tan-ish color. Now if the truck a tilt steering wheel, the steering column, dash pad, and carpet would be black. My only guess on Zoomin's truck is that it is a Cheyenne Super from a certain plant that typically just painted all of their glovebox doors black regardless of interior color, and thus matched up the dash pad, column, and carpet around that. I don't think it would have to do with your truck having the 402 in it. I am thinking more towards the lines of how different assembly plants did things. Like on a 70' Chevelle, you can find a build sheet typically in the same place, if it was made a certain plant. Some were under the rear seat, below the front drivers carpet, above the gas tank, behind door panels. It is typically found in the same places because that's how they did it at that plant, or how the shift worker did things. Many SS 454 70' Chevelles were made with Malibu door panel emblems instead of the designated SS ones, mine included. This was do to a strike at GM in 70' and it has been proved that many of the cars after the strike that were built, left the factory with Malibu door panel emblems because a shortage of emblems cast due to the strike. Much like these examples, I believe it was just a certain plant more than likely that did such thing to get them out the door quicker. Trevor
1971 Cheyenne Super 4x4 swb (tilt,tach,buckets, original blue shoulder belts,am/fm,cruise,tow hooks, dealer 8 track)
1972 Cheyenne Super K20 4x4 Custom Camper (tilt, tach, am/fm, tow hooks, bed toolbox, aux gas tank
1972 Cheyenne Super Crew Cab K30 4x4 Duramax, Allison, np205, buckets, tow hooks (CURRENT PROJECT)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624819
1989 V3500 Crew Cab (454tbi, NV4500, np205)
1970 Chevelle SS (LS5 454,th400,8track,buckets,tach)
:2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (daily driver)

WTB: 1968-70 Cruise Control Lever
71blksuper4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote