View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #352
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Re: '67 step-side replacement rear bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I'm confused Don. Are you talking about building a second truck... or redoing the one you have now...??? Where is this rusted, dented sheet metal?

Do you have an early 4L60 that's not computer controlled?
Hey Jessie. I am talking about rebuilding the one I have now. All the areas on my truck that you see that are orange, they are the rusted and dented parts. There is WAY too much filler in my truck for my liking and rust is already creeping back through. The bottom of the doors and the front part of the hood and already bubbling with rust. Not to mention the inside door and cab jambs. It's getting pretty bad. It's hard to explain in pictures of just how rusted out this thing was when I got it. A quick look back at the build pics will show some of the rust issues and amount of filler I went through.

And yes I found an early 4L60 that is not computer controlled. I believe it came out of a 1990 GMC van. The only thing I had to do was get the tail-shaft swapped with one that has a manual gear for my speedo. The 4L60 had an eletronic one.

D

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo

Last edited by Richard8971; 10-20-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote