View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
1lowdiesel

68 4wd K-20 GMC...V6 resto mod

i recently picked up a 68 k20 w/ a 305 V6. this was a one owner truck owned by a farm in upstate NY. of couse due to the horrible weather up there it is in need of some rust repair... well actually alot of rust repair. i orig decided to just buy rockers, cab corners and a few otherpatch panels and braces. however, after cutting most of the rust out i'm finding that i may just need a whole new floor.

the truck however is quite complete and has a few very nice options such as; factory tach, muncie 4sp, PTO, booster brakes, 305 V6, radio delete and tow hooks.

i am also told that this truck has only 20k orig miles on it. which i can believe seeing how the truck was just used around the farm and the interior is super clean aside from the seat. everything in the truck still works perfect, it even still has the orig dash pad w/ zero cracks in it. it starts w/o even one full rotation!!!

plans for the truck are simple. fix all the rust, get the brakes working 100%, lift it a few inches to run 37s max, then drive the hell out of it. i'm also going to be building a new front and rear bumper either out of tube or plate steel. the truck will be used off road but also be a daily when need be.

here are some pics from the day i bought it 2 weeks ago, then some from yesterday.

xtremediesel.com
1lowdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote