View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #291
Hart_Rod

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Actually the truck has been on all four's for the past week, it just takes me a while to get a lot done.

Well I had hoped to continue writing about my install, but I wouldn't have all these pics up for you guys for the next two weeks.

So.... I figured I would post all the pics I have and then answer any/all questions that might arise. I will tell you, we were throwing wrenches so fast, I wasn't able to get a alot of pictures during the disc brake upgrade. Let me know if you guy's have any questions.

Here we go...

After you blow apart your front suspension, you will need to grind your a-arms in the bumpstop area, and then along the front/rear edges for better wheel clearance. The following pics will show the bump stop area, and the front/rear areas that were trimmed.

Attachment 481982

Attachment 481983

Attachment 481984

Attachment 481985

After the grinding and a little big of paint.... (the spindles were painted before they were installed on the truck)

Also if you notice in the last shot here, this truck still has the original balljoints.... and they are still in the truck!

Attachment 481986
Nate,

I just re-read the entire thread to make sure I didn't miss anything since I'm in the process of dropping the front of the S/C 68. I'm still trying to figure out why you trimmed the the bumpstop bracket? Is it necessary? I have 73-87 a-arms and I'm using McGaughey's 2 1/2" dropped spindles, do I need to do this to mine? Thanks for the great pictures and write-up.

R/
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote