View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #2141
watahyahknow

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

looks good i was looking intoo running 2 screens in the dash behind the steeringwheel instead of the analog gauges making it look like the cockpit of a modern airplane running virtual gauges on them the radio/cdplayer and navigation through touchscreen
sofar i couldnt find a program to create that dash in realtime would be neat though having a smoked plexiglas front that lights up like a screen as soon as you make contact
the nice thing of that setup is that you could change the placing and the skins of the dash to suit youre needs
the speedo could run of the navigation
the gas would be a ampmeter
volt meter would be a voltage meter
rev counter schould be some kind of pulsecounter
clock would be simple and so would blinkerindictor lights and oilpressure warning
most of the hardwhare exist and they use these type of dashboards with aftermarked electronic fuelinjectionsystems and modern dynomometers but running of desktops i would need it running of a PDA type of device (without crashing harddisk)

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts