View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #36
0331grunt
Now what??

Re: 69 long fleet- First build

I am looking forward to the nice weather, just hope I can take advantage of it at some point. I plan to go with the Hugger Orange with White cab top and all trim outside, some rally wheels or Cragar S/S (like the big wheels, but for what I'm going for, it's not gonna fit- maybe next time). I think I will go with a repro grille that is smooth with the billet inserts, smooth repro tailgate with some script lettering for CHEVROLET I am planning to smooth some of the dash where the radio/heater controls/ashtray are and put some brushed stainless like the gauge cover was. Or just smooth it and paint.. we'll see. I want to make it subtle, yet custom at the same time. A late model GM 60/40 bench or something and cover it with black vinyl/ houndstooth inserts for the "original" look. Probably no headliner, all Hugger Orange with black vinyl here and there inside. I've got some ideas, just trying to make them work... Let the fun begin!! My overall theme will be a subtle, tasteful (at least to me) touches throughout the whole truck. Hope it turns out that way!!

"The quality of a persons life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." ~ Vince Lombardi

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination and hard work." ~ Colin Powell

my, um, build

USMC OIF Veteran SEMPER FI!

Last edited by 0331grunt; 11-02-2009 at 12:15 PM.
0331grunt is offline   Reply With Quote