View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #87
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 5.7 TBI in an 86????? Anyone done this swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayharville View Post
great writeup! i plan on doing a TBI swap into my 70 one day, and i plan on using your thread as a guide, theres alot of helpful, straightforward info here.
Thanks! I really couldn't, and probably wouldn't have done this swap without help from the guys on this board.

Here is an update:
My son and I went to the local Pull a part in OKC Saturday. Wow! we made the mistake going late afternoon. There must have been 200 guys out there pulling parts. I was really looking for an electrically driven speedo/cluster. No luck, just about every cluster I found had been destroyed by losers that don't have a clue how to pull parts. It looked like they had taken a hammer to them. Anyway, I did pick up the ECM bracket from a 87 up burb, some door lock/ window switches and a breather base so we can add a chrome breather (all for $12). I did have to cut the angled lip off the back side for the bracket to mount flush (I guess the sheetmetal is a little different). I now have the ecm mounted where it looks just like a factory job. Here are the pics of the parts and install:

Last edited by mcbassin; 11-10-2009 at 09:28 AM.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote