View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #78
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

The finished product! It's the same color as the living room. The hallways and laundry room will also be this color. We went crazy upstairs with the colors, but wanted to keep the downstairs fairly neutral and universaly appealing in case we ever have to sell Something drastic would have to happen though, we both really love this place. Everytime we visit a friend (they all live in subdivisions) one of the first things my wife says is "holy crap, did you see how close the neighbors houses are" or something to that effect.

If you noticed, I pulled the trim around the door. This door as previously mentioned is getting replaced, but not right now. However, when removing the base boards, no matter how careful I was, and even though I pre cut it, the caulking used around the edges still somehow managed to damage the wall and I didn't want that to happen with new paint, so I removed the trim ahead of time

In the final pic, it's just the mantle leaning against the wall. I'm still on the fence about refinishing it, or just painting it all white...

I also really hate how some of my pics turn out. These colors look really great in person, but my camera can't seem to pick that up. The color looks like poo in the last pic.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 11-11-2009 at 12:56 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote