View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 AM   #252
PBFAB.COM

Re: 2" Drop Trailing arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
So,...
If you made a 1.5" trailing arm for this application,... I assume the pinion angle would be adjusted per the trailing arm rear axle mount, and where would the air bag be mounted?
Track bar mount?
Sleeve bag behind the axle?

Or are you even considering this as a new product?
Oh yes... it's definitely being considered. You're spot on with your observations.

Pretty sure I will make the 1.5" adjustment at the trailing arm x-member, and not the arm. This will allow me to keep one standard length trailing arm all the way across the board (makes production easier) and it will keep the converging angle the same. I will just add some more holes to the trailing arm x-member to frame mounts allowing it to be used in it's factory position, or moved back to accomodate more drop.

As for pinion angle... there's so many variables (one or two piece driveshaft; ride height; tire diameter; etc) that I will most likely supply some extra axle saddle in the kit, and allow the end-user to adjust per application. If they don't want to put new perches on, they can always shim it.

Bag mounts and shock mounts will be relocated (have a couple ideas). Trac bar mounts will be incorporated into the notch and trailing arm... most likely.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson