View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #57
v502

Re: 79 C10 swap with L92 with 6L90

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
nice! have you tried to put on the a/c compressor yet? and how long is that new tranny? looks like the new crossmember is quite a bit forward away from that bend on the driverside framerail. i was worried about the 80e being so long that the mount would have to be on that bend. looks great man! cant wait to see mine sitting in there like that.
The cross-member was custom made by the machine shop.
I don't think the bend is there anymore cuz i think they smoothed them out cuz i was under there was no bend and the frame had some work done to it i will ask about that for you menace cuz once i saw the trans was in i just didn't ask cuz and i got my self worried about something else as usual Hopefully the link might help you i know its comparison with 4l60 but that might give you an idea

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...80e-6l90e.html

I am not going to use the a/c compresor cuz i have to fabricate the frame and am i dont want to do that. I going to use the S&P bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Griffin makes a direct fit radiator for our trucks that has the trans cooler built into it. $585

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-6-573AR-BAX/

You don't need the custom LSx car style custom built one with inlet & outlet on the passenger side. You can use the truck style long upper hose that crosses over to the driver side and use a standard configuration radiator.
Thanks 68 TT but my old one is nasty and i already figured it out and for something i going to buy new i want to get one that give it a really clean look. For somewhere around $700 I get a Radiator and Dual fans and a/c condenser its all esclade parts. They really look nice i don't want to show you guys until we get it on radiator support
v502 is offline   Reply With Quote