View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
ChevyMo

Re: GMC Pauls and TruckandCarShop

SK
There was no shipping charge when the order was placed. No shipping charged showing on the receipt in my email. I did not recieve any knowledge of a shipping charge until I received a phone call an hour after the order, informing me that there would be a shipping charge. If it was calculated based upon the invoice total then it should of been on the receipt and at the order placement. I dont care where you put the post, it is a bad deal when a company has hidden costs associated with a purchase. I did not know the cost up front when I placed the order, it says $0 for shipping.

Quote:
I`m sure it`s calculated to make the charge "at least" cover the cost.You end up over paying sometimes,but you always know the cost up front.
When I go to the tank companys web site and there on the front page it says "ship anywhere in 48 states for free" and doesnt say "but only to customers that dont have an account with us" It would be a lot safer bet that they ship for free for everyone, than your assumption that they have a different deal set up with a vendor. The tank did arrive seperately with the tank manufacturer shipping label. And you did not even mention the fact that they also went to charge me EXTRA for that free shipping without notifying me. To me that is criminal intent.

Quote:
How do you know the tank was shipped for free?The manufacturer has shipping accounts,so do the vendors,the vendor has an account with the manufacturer,and you don`t know who`s billing who for what.

As far what they did charge at truckandshop.com is no matter, seems your just a flameboy, led. A hidden charge is shady business, regardless of "how much."

I've made my last post about this issue. I was attempting to give some insight into "buyer beware" but obviously the "sponsors" have more credence than joe consumer.
ChevyMo is offline   Reply With Quote