View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #12
GMCPaul

Re: GMC Pauls and TruckandCarShop

ChevyMo you said that you ordered a tank and window kit from our web site and we tried to double bill you on shipping, well if you look at our tanks on our web site they all clearly say
""This item ships oversized I and has separate shipping charges."" All oversized parts have a fixed shipping cost based on size of box and automatically have shipping charges applied on our checkout page.
Thus any pre-populated shipping charges on our checkout page are caused by adding oversized parts to the order, then you also purchased a window kit which I assume was a 8pc based on your saying we tried to charge you a additional $15.00, well once you add the items to cart then click on checkout a page appears where we ask you to fill in the bill to info, Then directly below this is a section that says
"" SELECT SHIPPING "" with a box to mark for a separate ship to address and
which has a drop down window directly below the box where we ask you to
""Select shipping charges based on non-oversized parts total""
You skipped making this selection when making your order and only paid shipping on the tank.
Why?? . You then went below this and filled in your credit card info. Filled in the info boxes on your truck.
Then hit the submit order button without reading the disclaimer immediately below it which says
""If shipping charges are incorrectly selected, or not selected while ordering, you authorize us by submiting this order for us to automatically bill them with an additional $3.00 processing charge, so please select the appropriate rate from shipping chart above. Shipping rates shown are for continental USA only. We do not ship outside the USA. Free shipping on orders over $500 applicable only in the continental USA(excluding heavy or oversize parts). ""
Well we did not add a additional $3.00 to the shipping we than ran on your card as we have never done that, it was put there in the hopes that the 5-10% of our customers that skip selecting shipping would then go back up and select it before hitting the submit button.

So we simply billed you for the shipping on the window kit which would have been around $15.00, why $15.00 on just a simple window kit
Example off my latest Fed-Ex bill
Shipping to a residence in ILLINOIS 45 miles from our shop a 5 lbs box
charges billed us by Fed-Ex for this
Transportation Charge +$6.81
Performance Pricing - 0.41
fuel Surcharge +0.44
Delivery Area-Resi +2.40
Residential +2.05
Total $11.29

Our shipping is based on order total, this is because in selling these parts its near impossible to get a completely accurate shipping cost with any of the available software because the software we have seen and finally chosen one never seem to take into account that some parts can not ship based on weight alone because the parts dimensions require oversized I or II boxes so pre-fixed flat rate for oversized items, now you have the non-oversized parts that do not fall into the oversized category that Fed-Ex and UPS call bulk heavyweight, these are small items that are extremely heavy such as spindles, springs, rotors etc...., we get charged extra by Fed-Ex and UPS if we ship a extremely heavy part in a small box because they call it Bulk Heavyweight, so fixed flat rate on these based on the average cost to ship, now you've ordered say a oversized part with fixed shipping and a semi-delicate part window felts, rubbers & division bars do we place these parts in with the tank and risk them getting damaged by the tank or do we charge separate for them on shipping and ship them separate to protect them from being damaged by the tank. Separate of course, now you've had a customer place a order for oversized & non-oversized parts, they failed to select shipping, so now you must go and bill shipping separate a extra step for the retailer, modify the invoice to read correctly with the shipping charges now applied another extra step then process and ship, well for some reason you did not get the window kit, I do not know if it was lost in shipping, just missed during the extra process's involved in this order, or perhaps even a portion of it was backordered, you contacted us we checked and either shipped right away because of the mistake ( We are human as are you and WE BOTH MAKE MISTAKES) found that it was lost in 1st shipment or the backordered part just arrived. But we immediately corrected it.
So because you made the mistake of not selecting shipping on our site we're bad? I appoligize for any delay in your reciving the window kit and I would definately advise you to READ the entire checkout page on ANY e-commerce site when placing future orders.
By the way the tank manufacturer even charges us a extra fee if we have a tank drop shipped to a customer rather than shipping to us.
I hope you have a really great holiday season thats filled with Happiness, Health, And Family!!!
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote