View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #176
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

The puzzle peaces are beginning to come together
Starting to resemble the original floor before all the rust

Many pictures taken and only a few will be posted, as I’m including the maximum number in this post. Hopefully you will find them interesting and as you progress thru them see how I’m progressing. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words but just felt the need to add a few words to mine (smile).

Name:  Floor-panel-1.jpg
Views: 8150
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  Floor-panel-2.jpg
Views: 8192
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  Floor-panel-3.jpg
Views: 8064
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  Floor-panel-4.jpg
Views: 8141
Size:  92.3 KB

Name:  Floor-panel-5.jpg
Views: 8095
Size:  98.0 KB

Where most of the welds will be hidden under the floor mat, I just did a quick knock down with a sander not looking for visual perfection and keeping the welds as strong as possible. Possibly a little more fine sanding in the mid kick panel area and bondo before painting.

For what my opinion is worth, I’ve found the FWD Foot Well panel, AFT Cab Mount support, & Outer Cab Floor Extension very good quality and fit, a rating of 9 out of 10. Even with the minor short comings noted in the prior post that can be overcome relatively easily and the added benefits of the dips & drain provisions that possibly would not be found in another repair panel. Where there is always trimming and bending of repair panels the closer they match the original the easier it is to have a good build. Thanks to Wess at Classic Heartbeat Pickup Parts for supplying the Triplus repair panels of good quality. You may have noticed that the FWD support shown in the prior post is not a Triplus part and where it’s fit and quality is acceptable, it’s finish and material thickness is of a lower standard I have no doubt that the Triplus part would be better.

Now it’s time to move onto the cab corner panel and FWD pillar repair

Have an enjoyable thanksgiving with family & friends and throughout the holidays, I also expect you will always make time to enjoy your build during this time of year.