View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: homemade c notch question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofly'a View Post
Attachment 517129although a bit pricey the Porterbuilt rear drop member is 95% bolt in.
i would love to get that one but its out of my price range...looks good. thats my favorite notch kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Can you possibly make patterns of what you would want the notch to be and have someone cut the plates and fillers out with a Plasma.

It shouldn't really be rocket science to do it the way you want.
i dont think i know anyone with a plasma, i wonder how much it would cost for someone to make a small plate kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puropedo View Post
Hey Kevin, Im pretty sure you have seen my custom made mild c-notch from my 68 cst project, I needed about 3" of clearance in order to lay with 29" tires but decided to go with 4" (just in case) so that left me with about 1" on the frame, (too weak and flimsy for my taste) so I went on and reinforced it with some square tubing on top of the frame rails, turned out great, frame is ridgid as is suppose to, here's a few pics....
and this is where i got the idea from lol. do you think a 3" or 3 1/2" would be safe without the top square tubing reinforcement?

right now my frame rests on my axle and what i would want to do is make the notch now, then stack up a little cash for someone to plate it all in for me. the truck will not move at all for a while since it doesnt run. i think for it just sitting there it should be fine to notch about 4" out.

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 11-24-2009 at 11:22 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote