View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #169
AJs72K5

Re: AJ's '72 Cruiser Crawler Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Engine looks great, really like the flat black look. How about exhaust manifolds instead of headers. You must just be itching to get that engine back in. Are the small block and big block cross members the same???

Liking the bump stops also, where did you find them?
Yeah, I'm dying to make some significant progress. With the engine I built, exhaust manifolds will constipate it bad. I need something with more flowwwww. Hence the headers with 2" primaries and 3.5" collectors.

It had a small block crossmember in it before. I know there are different engine stands, but the crossmember itself is the same. I'm gonna hit the local PickNPull this weekend to see if I can find one.

I bought the bumpstops from a member on another board. We haven't figured out what kind they are yet.

And to answer your question from before, no, a big block does not use a thrust bearing behind the timing chain. You can put a wear plate and thrust bearing behind it if the timing chain has chewed up the block like my old one did. But you need to mill the surface flat first.

Gray Matter Build - 1972 K5 with some stuff

Last edited by AJs72K5; 12-04-2009 at 12:47 AM.
AJs72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote