View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Thealien

Re: A set back with my LS install

Thanks for the help guys. I sent my template to Kert at DIY4X and he was very happy with my template and instructions and believes we can get this worked out. Part of the problem is being a non lifted 4X4! Not many done. There are a bunch of lifted 4X4 swaps which gives much more room for the crossmember.

I had contacted a bunch of vendors for harness work (had not contacted S&P) and out of 6 or so only 2 responded to my emails. To me communication is the key. I am also an anal demanding customer who asks lots of questions. I wanted cruise control wiring with future wiring for additional gauges (possibly even a stock 2005 truck cluster?). Some were not sure about the cruise?

In the end I went with board member 68 short step and he has been able to answer all my questions and I have seen his work on these pages for a couple of years! When I get my crossmember finished and my harness back I will start a build thread with everything it took to install a 5.3 4L60 into my 1972 Jimmy with an NP205 transfer case in the stock location. I have made some mistakes that have cost me some money that I will help some of you save if you want a similar swap. Stay tuned for updates and the build thread!
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote