Thread: Lift installed
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #15
chevy71super

Thanks for all the compliments. No, my son-in-law lives in Post Falls Idaho. He bought the Escalade used paying mid 30's for it. He put 20's on it and the picture does not do it justice. Its a nice rig. Driving around Seattle I noticed people pulling up beside us looking it over. Mike C is right, it is essentially a Tahoe but it looks alot better IMHO and they hold their resale value. I was joking with him telling him my truck will be worth more than his Escalade in 5 years. Little does he know that will probably be true as long as I take care of the truck. (He also has tire envy now that my truck

My truck was at the Seattle Roadster show. I didn't have time to put the lift on it before the show so it didn't look right with the 35's. The truck took best of class! Shows you what they know about 4X4's. (They kept asking me if I was a vendor.)

I am really happy the way it turned out once I got the lift on it. It sits a little lower in the back than the front. I was told many guys will put 4 inch springs in the back with the 2.5 springs in the front to level it out. I may put a couple of those air bag helpers in the back so it sits level when I tow my dirt bikes.

The lift is made by SkyJacker. The tires in the picture are 35 BFG's. The ride is definitely firmer than stock but I don't think it is overly rough. I am taking my wife and son on a 300 mile drive in a couple of weeks so we will see what she thinks of the ride . . .

Overall its now the truck I always wanted when I was young. I've owned if for 10 years and I keep improving it every year. I like the looks of trucks with tires that fill the wheel wells. Its just my opinion but I don't see the point of a lot of lift with smaller tires.

Thanks for cropping and reposting the pictures. 71 longbed If I send you a full sized copy of the picture with the Escalade could you repost that one also? I want to get some better out door pictures to post. Thanks again.
chevy71super is offline   Reply With Quote