View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
scotts84

Re: Need help with 5.3 and 4l60e swap!

Thats awsome, i cant wait to get started this is the first time i have ever attempted to do anything like this, i'm really ignorant about this stuff but i have always wanted to tinker w cars, i just usaully let someone else do it, right now i do not have room at my house to do it so i have the truck at an old friends house and i am helping him convert an old building from a junk stasher into a garage, i got all the junk out of it last weekend and now im putting a brick foundation under it getting ready to cut the floor joists out and reinforce the walls so i can get the truck inside out of the elements and start tearing it down, it sucks not being able to do anything w it yet but i have to get his place organized before i have any room to do it, this guy is a hoarder like you see on those shows, i have taken out 3 truck loads of trash and scraped alot of crap and still barly made a dent, gotta love him though, he is a super nice guy, i should take some pics of all this it would of been funny to show those trucks full of crap and him still trying to pull little BS off the truck and saying i might need this(it would be a little bent, rusted shut piece of something that he said he could clean up and use) like the 20 some old shovel heads w no handels and 50 old broken weed eaters, stuff like that he would throw it off and i would put it back under the pile when he went in for a cup of coffe, i kept telling him, to put it on a list, if he really needed a shovel i would go buy him a new one, all this crap he was going to get around to fixing someday..he has a 51 buick special, an old nova a 69 mustang coupe, some othe crap that were always going to be rebuilt he would start on one then stop then tear it down..i gues s i should stop rambling, i am just in a mood i guess, thanks for the advice friends...
scotts84 is offline   Reply With Quote