View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #18
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: A misunderstanding....10 years in the making

What sucks for me is that when I get the body/chassis back, it will be painted and essentially a finished shell on a rolling chassis. All it will need is "finishing up". Since I had my "little" stroke 3 years ago, there have been residual effects that are subtle and sometimes troubling. This said, my thoughts have been along the lines of selling the completed rolling project that will be black inside and out. All of the holes for trim on the sides will be filled, as will the marker light holes and stake pocket holes. There will be a flip kit to reverse the handle on the tailgate. The cowl will be filled. There will be a new windshield and new rubber on both front and back glass. The bed has been coated with Vortex, in black.

The problem is that I no longer have the strength or endurance to do the work and the money that it would take to pay someone to do it, just isn't there. Clearly, it is a job for a healthier person. I have everything for the interior....in bright red vinyl. I have a 2nd-row leather seat from a '98 Tahoe. I have all of the parts/pieces to redo the window winders....regulators/handles, etc. I have weatherstripping for the doors as well as the "fuzzies" for the window sills and the window track. The list goes on. And on. And on. It has chrome front and rear bumpers that are a match. Mirrors that I had on it are peep mirrors, but I had the holes in the doors filled where the original mirrors mounted.

At present, the plan is to do a flame paint job, ala Goodmark vehicles. An alternative is the Carter Hickman blazer above. It may be that the better way to try and sell it is with a solid black finish. Black is the original color from the St. Louis factory when it was built. The original interior was black cloth, but that much black needs some red to off-set the outside and maintain the old school hot rod look I am after.

Getting older is more high-maintenance than I ever dreamed.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote