View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #36
Smallz72project

Re: I got "FED UP" so went and bought a 67'

Made a step in the right direction this last weekend. I finalized a divorse that was bound to happen and it was only for the best....

Naturally Im talking about divorsing the cab from the frame!!
Special thanks to my friends Zach and Josh, only with their help was this possible.

Was pleasantly pleased with the shape of the rest of the frame once it was all visable. All I need to do now is get the engine and tranny out and then I can start building my chassi. Unbolted the shifter housing on the tranny to better accomodate cab removal and was happy to see that the gear box was in really good condition. I will be switching the truck to an auto however.

Then went about cleaning the frame some more, in some areas the textured lining that they put on the frames was pretty thick. Tomorrow when I go up there Im just gunna focus on getting the frame all cleaned up inside and out.

And also settled on how to handle the rear of the frame that was scabbed up from the hitch.

Still need to dress the cuts a bit and I think it will be good to go. And thanks to a board member, I will be getting an original rear x member to replace the mine that got scraped. This is the best group of people EVER!
Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote