View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #217
Hart_Rod

Re: 68 S/C update.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331grunt View Post
I like the idea. More pics? Info? Keep the ideas coming!!
I'll post more once I get it fine tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
do you have to do any kind of cutting to inside of bed.....willl gas pump fit in there even lol?

looks clean do a faq asap!
None, nope, nada, Zilch!! It fills up great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
Rob, that looks like a hinge from a kitchen cabinet, Is it?
Probably so. I was walking down an aisle at Home Depot and picked it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaylord View Post
Nice set-up, I like the requirements and I'm definitely interested. I too have been thinking about something along these lines. I like all the mods I have seen (in bed, tail light, stake pocket, and marker light). I have been leaning towards the stake pocket or marker light. Some of the tail light mods I have seen look like they need more rigidity or the light could open going down the road. I can't do the bed floor because like yours my bed has a liner. How flimsy is the marker light when you open it to add gas? Are you using a cap that does not need to be removed to fill the tank? I think you would almost have to.
It's not flimsy at all. It has a very strong spring coupled with an "over-center" mechanism, which spring loads the open and closed positions. They way my setup is designed, you have to glue in the screw for the front hole, but on the rear hole you have the option of gluing it in OR you can put the screw into it's original keeper. Either way, it's not coming open. Screwing it in the orignal keeper will also prevent anyone from messing with it. As far as the filler neck and cap, I'm using the boat filler gas cap that has a spring loaded "handle". It's tight, but very easy to take off and on. I don't think they make a gas cap like you are talking about that will fit down in the hole (there's only a little over 2" to work with). I added a picture of the cap I'm using.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 01-07-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote