View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #2589
WIDESIDE72

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Trucks

I finally got around to scanning some pics of trucks my bros and I had over the years... Notice I said "had"... I have to older bros. They are 48 and 46 and I am 38 y.o. We have had a lot of cars and trucks over the years, mostly Chevys, nearly all GM.
The first is my "middle" bros. 72 Custom LWB fleet. He bought it wrecked around 1987 for $500. It had a PERFECT rust free body, even the rockers. We put a front clip on it and had it painted the stock colors. It came from Henna Chevrolet in Austin, Tx (still in business). It was a 307 3 OTT originally. No AC or PB, radio delete, but it had PS. It got a 350 and TH400 later. He added a tach dash, tilt column and a blue Cheyenne Super seat cover. It got stolen and stripped around 1994. The insurance company recovered it and EVERYTHING had been carefully removed, not hacked. All that was still there was the rolling chassis (guess they didn't wasnt the Rally's(?), bare cab (no doors, seat, tilt column, tach dash) and the motor was still there. Luckily he had full coverage including theft. Unfortunately, the ins co. wouldn't sell it back for a set amount. It had to go to auction. He went to the auction to by it back. He dropped out at $1k. Two other guys got in a bidding war, and it went for $2k (!). He gave the new owner the Protecto plate for it before he left.
Attached Images