View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #2591
WIDESIDE72

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Trucks

The second was also the middle bros. He came across it while on a commercial AC repair service call. He paid $1k for it around 1995 It came from somewhere around Austin as well. It was a 72 Custom 10, 402BB, TH400, AC, PS, PB, radio delete. The PO was a custom cabinet shop that stopped driving it when the gas crisis started in the 70's. It only had 19k miles on it (!) when he bought it. They still used it around the shop and had it parked where the discharge was for the dust vacuum was, and when the bed was full, they took it to dump. We had to find a replacement bed, as it was rusted out from the dust collecting moisture. It still had the original jack in the bag, owners manual, protecto plate and dealer invoice/ paperwork, original tires,(including spare) belts and hoses on it. He dropped a battery in it and drove it home. On the way, his girlfriend said to him "Hey, I wonder if the AC works?". Before he could say anything, she hit the switch, and ice cold air came out, along with about 20 yrs worth of leaves and trash. OOPS! We had to replace the core support and right fender, due to rust from the battery leaking. He went to the Chevy dealer where he was living in Dallas, and they checked around and found an NOS fender and raiator support somewhere or another (!) The rest of the truck was immaculate, even the interior, as it was covered where it sat under the discharge. The underhood pics are of the engine as he bought it, unrestored! He pulled the original wheels and tires in order to preserve them, and installed the Rally's and radials. The PO said he special ordered it for pulling a trailer to jobs to build custom cabinets, that is why it was optioned like it was. We never could figure why he didnt order a 3/4 ton, though. Or even leaf springs (it had coils). He paid more for it than my uncle did for his 72 Cheyenne BB that he bought off the lot! (Pictures of it to follow). He sold it for $8k around 1998. I have never driven a restored truck that was as quiet, tight and rattle free as this truck was! I never figured why he painted it Corvette yellow, though...
Attached Images

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 01-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.