View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:33 AM   #770
DetroitDan

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetside86dually View Post
Mine looks like that, it even had the little rubber flares on the back. Replaced the bed and I do not want to put flares on it again, which is bugging me because I want to lift it and upsize the tires. I already got a 4 inch suspension lift for it, it has 215/85 tires on it now which I will probably be replacing with 235/85s. Nowhere near as tall as I'd like to go, but as I stated above there isn't much selection. I know my 255/85s would stick way out and require flares, especially with my 1.5" spacers. The 215/85s are just about sticking out. I have seen a Q78-16 that is 35 or 36 inches tall but narrow enough for the rim, but again I think it would end up hanging out of the fender, and the whole point is to keep it tucked in.
It almost makes me want to make it into a four wheeler, tires and wheels are cheap, it would look awesome on 35 or 36 tires and wouldn't need flares. But, I have always wanted a "tucked" fleetside dually, so I don't think I'm going to change it back to a single rear wheel. If I did get some really big tires I could get a dually bed for it, but I don't want to do that either, the fleetside dually is what makes the truck so cool.
I just don't know what to do!