Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #196
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
Holy crap, i can not believe that i have not posted in such a long time, anyways, glad to see so much work done on the truck, and good choice on the copper primer, that is the best stuff on the market to this day, i know, i tried everything out there, worth the money trust me,. I know all about the boat thing, i tore the leg off of my silver line, hit a rock pennisula on the lake, ouch. anyways, just have to let you know, everything looks great and remember aftermarket is aftermarket for a reason, you have to FIT it, not them. Also i sure could use a camaro, let me know if you got a spare, or a 70 chevelle, Later.
Thanks Nuke! Sorry to hear about you messing up your boat too. How's the projects going? I just got the prop and the prop shaft back from the shop. Supposed to be straight less than .002" runout and the prop looks new. Still
waiting on the rest of the parts to come in next week to rebuild it.

Hope to get back on this project next week, we are going to some salvages tomorrow to find a radiator and some other parts for my kids 86. I'm also going to the scrap yard to try to find some 18-20 sheetmetal for the firewall. I have been working with 22 gauge and it's too thin for the angle detail. If I decide to sell one of the Camaros you will be in line too.

Got most of the parts for the lower unit

Last edited by mcbassin; 01-16-2010 at 12:45 AM.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote