View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
ol Curt

Re: Mikes bump and grind anybody order anythign recent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
We are always trying to improve it and are open to all suggestions. We looked into and tried some professional companies designs but they never seemed to do what we wanted them to do. They made them too fancy and too much like everyone elses that sell parts and had trouble integrating the existing shopping cart into the new site

You can do a search for parts it works pretty good.
Just this week we have had 2418 successful searches and only 183 unsuccessful searches. Most were due to thefact the parts were not listed in the shoping cart yet. about 10 were misspelled words.

I know we do have to get some of the descriptions more organized so they appear in order better. This online store has been a challenge for us. We do parts not websites but I try my best to edit it and get it beter, Sometimes I think I should hire a pro but then our parts costs go up.

We will see what we can do this year to make it better.

Mike
Mike,
You have a lot of items to offer. There is a generation of people out there who are the "I want it now" gen. My kids are part of it and I have to admit some of that has rubbed off on me. It's always a gamble investing money in a business. Upgrading the site could mean higher parts, or skyrocketing sales!
Good luck either way.
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote