View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #676
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvsapp View Post
when i was doing some research into replacing the wood on my morris traveler, i was looking into having some boxed tube that i would construct the wood replacements out of wood grained. there's a couple sources out there that use a wood grain pattern on a roller. they put paint onto a wood grain pattern, then using a foam roller they transfer the pattern to the roller, then onto the metal. i'm not at the point yet of either ordering wood, or doing the boxed tube and getting it wood grained, but i would imagine it's an alternative. the sites i came across had the whole dash on some 40-50's full wood grained. and it looked real. if you like i can see if i can dig up some of the links i found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I say ixnay on the wood grain (since you didn't ask )...but it'll look good no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propaint81 View Post
looks freaking awesome man cant wait to get somw color on mine, where did u find the bucket seats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
Rob, the aftermarket woodgrain tape is fine. It has did well as my truck was a daily driver for 2-3 full years, albeit you'd be fine with it. I would advice against the clear as it would crack and peel. If you are worried about it peeling off, get you some 3m 94 brushable primer, it makes the woodgrain almost impossible to remove, and it dries clear. To condition it, use Pledge, or similar product. Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclassix View Post
Painted woodgrain is always an option...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW DOUGH View Post
Is the trim piece backwards on the DS Door? The little indention on the upper part of the trim for the door to open without hitting the finder looks to be on the back of the door.

DS Door... am I right??

These look right.

Or are they just sitting on there for the pic? If so then you are probably using the same piece for all the pics. But I am sure the rear door is shorter then the fronts.

They look really good on there either way.

Am I calling out each door correctly?

LowDough you got it right.

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I'm going to stay with the balck trim for simplicity.

Super secret update.... well just a tease....change is a coming.....
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote