Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #199
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Well, I'm still waiting on parts to come in for th outboard so I took one last stab at making the wire channel angle detail. I picked up some thicker sheetmetal at a the scrap yard, I think it is 18 gauge. Anyway, I got tired of making templates and taking them to work to cut my sheetmetal so I made a little table for my bandsaw. Now I can cut sheetmetal at my shop! I then started fabbing the pieces for the angle (2 left and 2 right). I was able to roll the inside radius around my argon bottle to get the shape close. I then tacked it all in, then staggered my welds about every 2-3 inches till it was done, then ground the welds and primered, it will still require some hammer and dolly work but that can take place on the frame. It took around 4 hours total. Hope to get my lower unit parts in tomorrow or thursday so I can get that out of the way. Next on this will be the cab corners, they need straightened and possibly some rust repair, even though I haven't found any, that doesn't mean it's not there.....on to the pictures:

Bandsaw before the table added

Plate cut for table

Table welded and installed

Tacking the angle detail

More

Ready for welding solid

More

Completely welded

Welds ground smooth

Primered
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote