View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #11
TheSunDanceKid

Re: Suggestions/help with new system

just remember when you do that they hook up stuff on the board with alot better amp and its always going to sound different in a car theres alot of variables that take place in car then on a board like road noice engin noise pannels rattling ive hooked up alot of boards and they are never what they appear on the out side usally hooked up to a rediculessly bigger amp
and never give in to sales men get what you think sounds good not wat they say sounds better after all its your car and they dont give a damn after the sale
haha or if you can get one to come out ask an installer then talk to the salesmen hopefully an honest one i all ways answered customers questions if they asked got in trouble for it alot but i hate sales people screwing good people over
check out the bostons though if they carry them they will blow your mind

i love alpines they are always good qaulity my first deck i got an alpine 9856 its older now but had it for 2 years and loved it went threw 5 cars in 2years and i got dumb and threw it in with my last car to sell it for more looking back i would of thrown a cheap one in there to keep it dealing with all 4 companies alpine always had the best sound quality i thought never really had any issues didnt get to many back that werent due to user error or a kid sticking random stuff into the cd tray also all the controls were alot more user friendly then the pioneer or the kenwood
i do have a pioneer double din in my truck now but would rather have the alpine back i HATE the ipod capibility that the pioneers have its horrible and you cant use the ipod touch or the new nano on only bad thing on alpine i could say is they used to have life time warranty and switched to like a 90day which really isnt to bad because it had the lowest return rate but this did make there selling point toast but all in all best sound qaulity best ipod controls and user navigating not to much change over the years but why change a good thing

also if you do choose to go with sony great product by the way low return rate and definatly decent qaulity for the price i know there was a small issue on there bass amps a while back not sure if its still there but they couldnt run either 2 or 4 ohm stable if i remember right not a 100% on that or if its still like that just in the wiring so its not that big of a deal

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 01-26-2010 at 03:00 AM.
TheSunDanceKid is offline   Reply With Quote