View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: eBAY SCAMMER - BEWARE!!!

one of the great things about web baords like this one is there is always someone who is close to what or who ever your dealing with.....nothing beats a knock on the door when someone tries to scam another member.....I bought a gear box for my race boat the guy was being kinda a dick about shipping and what not....I mailed my check to a board memeber fill out in the sellers name..he went over to look at the part called me and told me the thing was JUNK...I told him to tell the guy I was going to pass on the deal...the guy was pissed...but the memeber said he was just there to pick up the unit no more or less....after he left he called back to say that the guy was a scammer and the part was nothing like what he described...he tore up my check...we met up about 8 or 9 months later and I bought the beer...well he did save me from buying $1600 worth of JUNK!!!!

we then posted the unit on the board and spead the word about the guy and his location

I would and have done it for a memeber as I'm sure that most of the board memebers would do here..I have even stored some stuff for people till they could get it picked up or get up here to pick it up..and yea I have made a few you need to pass phone calls

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote