View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
72cheyenneman

Re: eBAY SCAMMER - BEWARE!!!

Well, another exciting turn of events. Ebay has allowed this seller back on--took him off of suspension. I was doing a search about an hour ago for the same parts and lo, and behold...there they were! Same seller, same items. I called eBay to find out why they let him back on after he sent threatening e:mails and called my wife some choice names, and they replied that they would send him a letter of warning about doing those "bad things" ---in other words, nothing. (As long as they can make money, who cares what kind of seller he is.) My wife has been on eBay since 1997 with 100% positive feedback (and that's putting up and giving into lot of silly buyers to keep good standing), and this dude's been on since December 2009.

I know what happened---I paid $290 for 2 fender wells, which included $120 shipping. But when the seller found out how much the exact shipping charge would be from Texas to Louisiana, he saw how much he undercharged. Ironically, if he would have contacted me to cancel the bid because he grossly underestimated shipping, I would have paid for the difference! I understand how easy it is to miscalculate or underestimate freight charges; I've done it myself. Instead he chose the path of deception

I got money back, but only after filing a claim and waiting for PayPal's review. Here's the new item numbers for the fender wells.... 260544439516 and 260544441570. It lists his location and phone number. Take a look and see if you know this guy---but don't buy from him...he tried scam me, he'll scam others. And most unfortunately (and surprisingly), you can't rely on eBay to screen the bad eggs. --Casey
72cheyenneman is offline   Reply With Quote