View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #7
bwood

Re: 99 S10 Blazer 4x4 Rear Brake Problems

The rear of the truck has (3) rubber lines, (1) for each caliper and (1) from the chassis to the axle. My thought is the one from the chassis to the axle. The front rotors were the same as far as the pits go. My Uncle's 98 Z28 was the same way. I'll take some pics of the rear rotors tomorrow and post them. I did some reading on the pitting and found many other posts on the net about pitting on the same vehicle. For the most part they were all late 97-00 model 4x4 S10 Blazers. Wathcing the baby tomorrow until late so its looking like Tuesday before I can get on it, maybe.......

I finally got to the squeaking under the wife's Malibu and found both the idler and tensioner pulleys singing. Pulled them and noticed a loose bolt in the alt/tensioner bracket, tried to tighten it and it is stripped. So now I'm looking for a right angle drill so I can get to the hole on the back of the engine for a HeliCoil. It calls for a 13/32" drill which is about 5" long and my smallest drill is about 7" and I've only got about 10" of clearance to get the bit perpendicular to the aluminum head where the hole is. So, Wife's driving my truck, and I'm borrowing stepdad's.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F

Last edited by bwood; 02-01-2010 at 01:10 AM.
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote