View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #46
Todd68Chevy

Re: My '46 Chevy Pickup - The Innaugural Pre '47 Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I've got that one; it looks the same too!

So you're saying this attaches to the center structural strip? How can that be right? There are TWO cardboard headliner panels so it would need to have a 180 degree bend on EACH side. Even if I were using the later, single headliner panel, it wouldn't make sense. I must be misunderstanding you.

Are there TWO of the 180 degree bend strips in the middle of the roof? And the two adjoining 180 bends would show because they'd be butted together back-to-back?

I don't have this one but I assumed it would look more or less identical to the front one but your comment about the window kinda confuses me. I need to go look at my window location in relation to the headliner again.

I have this one. It's essentially flat but has a rolled detail line along each long side, right?

I sincerely appreciate your help and advice with this, Dan
I have a roof with strips and the headliner still in it so I will get some pictures of it. The rear panel is the only one that fits in the groove.

There is only the one strip with the groove in the middle.

The rear strip is like the front but it is longer. What I was trying to say is that it does not attach to a brace like the middle strip does. It attaches to the top of the large interior metal panel that covers the rear of the cab.

Yes the front and rear bow is just flat with the rolled edges.

I will not be available to get pictures or answer questions tomorrow thru Monday evening because I am going to my buddies house to start cutting my cab to get it ext. If I can check email at his house I might be able to answer questions. But I will get back to you next week when I get back home.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote